Thursday, September 27, 2007

Who knows, what's lurking there....UGH.

My mind is so far from my body today it's ridiculous. I started my day off with some stupid texts from my ex that made me just feel…..angry and hurt. I've spent my day with my head in the clouds thinking about all sorts of things and trying to find some sort of solution.

Problem is, I found the solution but it's not working. I feel like I have this huge ball of undigested cheese in my stomach. [I love cheese] BUT, I know this much. I like me. I mean myself and ME have been friends for…*stops and thinks*…almost 23 years now. Me and myself have a great time together, I'm always here for me, and I make an awesome homemade spaghetti and garlic bread. SO I have to learn to start doing things that help me take care of me and myself. This includes:

-Finding solace in knowing that people get what they deserve.
-As long as I do the best that I can and give 110%, I'll sleep just fine.
-There's going to be people who want to bring me down, but they can only do that if I LET THEM.
-It pays to take the high road
-Don't stress or fret over the things that I cannot change.
-Take it one day at a time and JUST BREATHE.
-Remembering that I have people who support and love me.

So I need to laugh and I need to smile. PLUS! Those things burn calories. I totally need it. Tonight I need to pack for LA. After my day today I totally need to get away. Tomorrow is going to be jam packed but I'm ready for it. I'm ready for a little "pants-around-my-ankles" kinda fun. Just kidding! More like: "funny-movie-with-a-long-beach iced-tea-and-good-conversation" kind of fun. OH and I need to shop. Good thing cuz this Saturday I am sooooooooo doing it. I'll be sure to tell you all what I get.

Anyone have any plans for tonight? Oh and did anyone catch the season premiere of Till Death? I don't have cable, but I think I can watch it online. Also, when does Prison Break start? I find it funny that they can take one simple act of breaking out of prison, and drag it out soooooo long. These guys have been breaking out of prison for like, what, 4 seasons now? It's still fantastic. Michael Scoffield is one of those rare guys that I would totally sleep with. He's in the 20% of my 80/20 lifestyle.

So for me, its back to grinding the day away and I hope you all enjoy your nights.

-J

***Theme for the post: Under the Influence of Giants – In the Clouds

5 comments:

Vask said...

Today was definately a bad day all round. Not only was it the slowest day ever but I to had a run in with my ex while I was trying to buy a new wallet. I ended up running away, which was a lot of fun, but it made her mad at me and I walked away from the shopping experience empty handed.
Anyway, as always, the best cures for a bad day are good music, good food, good sleep and of course good internet banter.

And possibly solace in the fact that someone on the other side of the world has just had a crap day as well. Have a good time in LA, tomorrow will definately be better for me =)

Elizabeth James said...

Ex's suck. Trust me, I know. Just be thankful you dont have to know him for the rest of your life, like I have to know too (I have a kid with mine)...

Keep on keepin on girlie because your right! Its all about you and how you handle the circumstances life throws you.

XOXOXO

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and your latest entry reminded me of this quote;

"Once transpired, cannot be changed
Only pain will come if remorse engaged
Though with sorrow you may be aged
Not even a dot will be rearranged."

It helps me realize that things in the past (like ex's, bad decisions, etc.) are all something that you can't change, no matter what you do. Looking back on them is just a waste of time, but as long as you know that, you can use those experiences to move on. Sounds obvious, but it's easy to forget sometimes:) Looks like you had a moment of clarity, and I know what that feels like- really really good. Hope you have a good weekend, I will also be at that show at the Hotel Cafe. If you've never been to that venue, I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how great it is! Happy travels and if I am able to recognize you there, I'll say hello!

-Amy

Brenna said...

Hang in there girl. It's admirable that you know who you are and are staying true to that. Keep that chin up and embrace life!

I'm always here if you need to vent.

I hope you have a great, drama-free weekend.

Hahn at Home said...

Have to disagree with a previous commenter. Ex's don't suck. Our view of them might for a while--or for as long as we allow them that influence to enter our mind.

If you can live those things you mentioned, I think you truly will live a happier, stress-free life.

But---and there's always a but, women will remain women and for all the things we love about them, there are also things that may drive us crazy (again, if we let them).

Open heart, open mind, open eyes!